Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Bruschetta Chicken


This one I made last night and it is absolutely fantastic! I highly recommend it. I got this one from a food magazine and it is really easy to make.


1/4 cup sun-dried tomato dressing
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 red peppers, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, minced
2 cans (14 1/2 oz. each) diced tomatoes, undrained
1/2 cup water
2 cups instant white rice, uncooked
1 cup mozzarella cheese
2 tomatoes, chopped
2 tbsp. chopped fresh basil (or if you are cheap like us dry tastes just fine to)

Heat dressing in large skillet on medium heat. Add chicken, peppers, and garlic, cover. Cook 10 min. 5 min. on each side or until chicken is cook through. Remove chicken from skillet.

We cooked our rice separately. It made it go a lot faster.

Add canned tomatoes, water, and rice. Meanwhile combine cheese, chopped tomatoes and basil.

Return chicken to skillet, sprinkle with cheese mixture. Heat through until cheese is melted.

Makes 4 large servings

1 comment:

Jen said...

Hey Melis, I love your blog! It is so cute. I am so totally going to try your recipes. Do you know nutrition facts on any of these? Guess what? Mark and I decided that we are going to try and be pregnant by March of next year! :)I love you and miss you.

Love,
Jen